Monday, March 3, 2014

6 Games I'm Keen For In 2014

It would appear that the video game industry assumes we all appreciate an empty wallet. New consoles at the end of 2013 and a huge amount of promising titles to be released in 2014. Here's my quick list with a hand full of games in 2014 that have my wallet frothing.

Super Smash Bros

Publisher: Nintendo       Developer(s): Nintendo, Sora, Bandai Namco           Platform: Wii U & 3DS


Oh boy, Super Smash Bros. A series that pulls together all of my favorite gaming franchises to make an uber meta franchise I cannot get enough of. The atmosphere is captured perfectly as the games act as fan service to Nintendo fans showing tribute to characters, music and locations throughout the Big N's history. Last year leading up to E3 Smash for Wii U & 3DS was all I wanted to hear about, and when the first trailer dropped something wonderful happened inside of me (too explicit to write here). The new characters, graphical and mechanical refinements look great so far, but Sakurai still hasn't spilled the beans on everything, so there is still plenty of information to look forward too! By far the game(s) I am looking forward to most in 2014!

Note: Now that Smash Bros will be on a portable console, when the game is released there isn't much point starting a conversation with me. Unless it's about Smash, of course.

Love the theme music, too!



Infamous: Second Son

Publisher: Sony Entertainment            Developer: Sucker Punch             Platform: PS4


I'll be honest, I am still making my way through Infamous 1 & 2, but from my experience with those games we're all in for a treat with this installment. Controlling Delsin as we explore Seattle using an array of powers, kicking everyone's arse as we shape our future as either good or evil. Yes please!

Mario Kart 8

Publisher: Nintendo       Developer: Nintendo        Platform: Wii U


Boy do I love myself some Mario Kart, but I've never truly loved the series since Mario Kart DS. Mario Kart Wii was a poorly balanced mess and Mario Kart 7 seemed to be rushed to save the 3DS before Christmas. To spite the last two iterations in the series being disappointing I have faith in this game. It isn't being rushed to meet any holidays and the gameplay appears solid from videos online. Also the "F-Zero" magnetic track mechanic looks like it is giving the developers plenty of freedom to be creative and create amazing race courses. I dare say many beers will be consumed while playing this game!

The Crew

Publisher: Ubisoft            Developer(s): Ivory Tower, Ubisoft Reflections        Platform: PS4, XB1, PC


When I first heard details of a game with a map the size of America and that you're able to drive around the whole thing I was intrigued. Then when I found out you can form a "crew" with friends and take on other crews I was sold, it sounds so cool! Defiantly have a solid eye on this game.


South Park: The Stick of Truth

Publisher: Ubisoft            Developer(s): Obsidian Entertainment, South Park Digital Studios       Platform: PS3, 360, PC


Lately I have been on a bit of a South Park binge and this game will pretty much be a really long interactive episode. The RPG elements look interesting but it's the comedy aspect the show captures so well that I am looking forward to the most. The games comes out this week so not long!

Hatsune Miku: Diva F2



Publisher: Sega            Developer: Crypton Future Media        Platform: Vita, PS3


Hatsune Miku: Diva F is one of my favorite Vita games, I love vocaloid music and the pretty music videos played with each song. Not to mention the gameplay is really addictive! I spent more than enough time playing this when I was meant to be doing something more productive. A sequel with more songs is coming late March so I'll be sure to import myself a copy.

Other games I'm looking forward to

Evolve

Publisher: 2K Games           Developer: Turtle Rock Studios         Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC


Destiny

Publisher: Activision       Developer: Bungie          Platform: 360, XB1, PS3, PS4, PC


X

Publisher: Nintendo       Developer: Monolith Soft            Platform: Wii U


Shovel Knight

Publisher: Yacht Club Games           Developer: Yacht Club Games        Platform: Wii U, 3DS, PC


Child of Light

Publisher: Ubisoft     Developer: Ubisoft Montreal     Platform: PS3, PS4, 360, XB1, Wii U, PC


Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Publisher: Tecmo Koei    Developer(s): Team Ninja, Spark Unlimited, Comcept    Platform: 360, PS3, PC





There are still plenty of titles I would like to try this year like Bayonetta 2 and Kirby: Triple Deluxe. What games are you keen to play in 2014? 

No comments:

Post a Comment